Internet Storm Center Infocon Status The Internet Traffic Report monitors the flow of data around the world. It then displays a value between zero and 100. Higher values indicate faster and more reliable connections.

Aug 30, 2005

Welcome!

Welcome to the InfoSec Kwoon. Before we go any further, for those unfamiliar with the term "Kwoon," it Chinese and essentially means "school" or "place of learning." Think of it as the Chinese equivalent of the Japanese term "Dojo." I'm a life-long pratitioner of Chinese martial arts and die-hard Information Security geek, so the marriage of the two seemed a natural one for me. At any rate, I hope you'll find something useful here. I have a preference for Open Source software, so you'll no doubt find me favoring Open Source over commercial, closed source software whenever possible and appropriate. I do, however, keep an open mind with regard to security products, and I rate things fairly on how well products do what it is that they claim to do.

At any rate, thanks for dropping by. Again, welcome to the InfoSec Kwoon. Kindly don't wear your street shoes onto the practice floor. Should you need me, my office is over there. No, not that one....that's the supply closet. The one on the end. Yeah, that's it. Stop by whenever you like. The door is always open.

No comments: